There’s nothing quite like the taste of freshly baked bread, especially when it’s infused with the magick of the summer sun. This divine sunflower seed bread recipe will transport your taste buds to a place of pure delight. Packed with nutritious sunflower seeds and baked to golden perfection, this bread is the perfect addition to your summer gatherings (like the Solstice) or a delightful treat for yourself. So, let’s unlock the magick of the sun and get ready to bake this heavenly sunflower seed bread!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (plus extra for topping)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Activate the yeast: In a small bowl, combine the warm water and honey. Stir until the honey is dissolved. Sprinkle the yeast over the water mixture and let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes foamy.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sunflower seeds, and salt. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the activated yeast mixture. Add the olive oil as well. Mix everything together until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough: Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. If the dough feels too sticky, you can add a little more flour as needed.
- First rise: Place the kneaded dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free area for about 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Shape the bread: After the dough has risen, punch it down gently to release any air bubbles. Transfer it to a lightly floured surface and shape it into a loaf. Place the shaped loaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Second rise: Cover the loaf with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for another 30-45 minutes, or until it rises slightly.
- Preheat the oven: While the dough is undergoing its second rise, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the bread: Once the second rise is complete, brush the top of the loaf with water and sprinkle some additional sunflower seeds over it. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool and enjoy: Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Slice it and serve it warm with your favorite spreads or enjoy it as is. All that’s left is to bask in the magickal taste and aroma of this divine sunflower seed bread!
This bread recipe captures the essence of summer, infusing your kitchen with warmth and filling the air with a delightful aroma. The combination of nutty sunflower seeds and the golden look of a gentle kiss from the sun makes this bread a true summer delight. So, grab your apron, gather the ingredients, and unlock the magick of the sun with this heavenly sunflower seed bread recipe all summer long. Your taste buds will thank you!
Written with assistance from AI via Chat GPT